Programs for the best vlog editing software (How they can help to boost your vlog).
If you thought a good camera was all that you needed to create the best vlogs, then you’re wrong! Using top-quality software to edit your videos makes all the difference! It doesn’t matter if you aren’t a professional vlogger yet! Whether you’re using a Mac, a tablet, or just your phone, using the best quality vlog editing software can provide you with tools and techniques that can help you put your videos together quickly and efficiently!
Listed here are some of the best programs for video editing which, depending on your situation and the device that you’re using can boost your vlog and help you build your profile as a successful vlogger and video creator.
Free programs for video editing
Blender is a free multipurpose video editing software that was originally designed for 3D animation projects. It comes with an efficient video editor which enables you to perform basic video editing functions such as cutting and splicing.
- Presents you with a plethora of exciting features and is suitable to be used by professionals and beginners alike.
- Notable features include speed control, syncing, audio mixing and scrubbing.
- Performs complex functions like waveform visualization and histogram display.
- The number of features along with a lack of available resources makes it hard to learn and difficult to master.
- Tutorials which are available are however focused more on 3D animation rather than video editing.
Avidemux is a web-based open-source free software that can easily and conveniently be used by both vloggers and small businesses.
- Excellent video editing tool which helps you perform a variety of functions such as cutting, colour profiling, filtering and deinterlacing.
- The encoding feature enables you to convert your videos into numerous formats which make them compatible to be played on more than one type of player.
- Avidemux is no longer updated or supported.
- Its interface requires remodelling
Movie Maker Online
- It comes with royalty-free content
- It can very easily be accessed from any desktop.
- All its functions take place within the cloud which makes storage easy and convenient.
- It contains intrusive pop-up ads
- It has a confusing layout which many users find extremely off-putting.
If you’re looking for a neat, simple-to-use video editor, then Shotcut may be the perfect one for your vlog editing software! The program which was initially developed for Linux slowly made its way to the Windows and Mac operating systems and managed to gather quite a large following.
- Shotcut is completely free and once downloaded, gives you access to all its features at no additional cost.
- It is one of the few free editors which supports 4K HD resolution and timeline editing.
- It has a quirky interface which is obviously a result of its move from Linux to Mac and Windows operating systems.
HitFilm Express is a free video editor loaded with features that can easily be used by both professionals and beginners. It runs well on both the Windows and Mac operating systems.
- The program enables you to create custom video masks, work on 3D composition and setup green screen chroma keys
- It involves a rather complicated installation process that requires you to send a message with a link to the developer on social media.
- The software requires a highly advanced and powerful processor to run on.
Video editing programs for Mac
Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is Apple’s non-linear, professional video editing software which is extensively used by a number of YouTubers and content creators.
- Enables you to clear out any unwanted white/ background noise within the footage
- Has efficient sorting and filtering features which allows you to hide clips that have already been used in the timeline
- The audio has a tendency of merging into the transitions and might take several minutes to load
- The best animation features are only available on the paid version
MovieMator is a professional video editing software that is available on both Windows and Mac PC.
- Comes with a wide range of advanced editing features such as stabilization and video overlay
- Supports more than 200 different formats
- Has problems responding to icons and editing tools being clicked
Filmora by Wondershare is a very convenient and straightforward software aimed at iMovie users looking for something a bit more advanced and flexible.
- Comprises of more than 100 video tracks which you can easily add to your project
- Enables smooth export to social media or YouTube
- Comes with an enhanced video stabilisation feature which enables you to remove the shaky parts from a footage.
- Watermark removal feature is only available in the free version
- Absence of a video keyframe
Popularly known as the ‘professional video editor for everyone, Lightworks is available on the Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems and has long since been used to edit numerous TV dramas, feature films, and commercials.
- Includes some truly powerful features such as multi-camera editing and real-time effects which are mostly available only in advanced and expensive software.
- Enables you to work with high resolution footage up to 5K.
- This software has high system specifications
- Its un-mac like interface and high-end features doesn’t make it a very user-friendly program.
Loaded with some rich features, OpenShot is an open-source video editor that is freely available for Linux, Mac, and Windows users.
- Professional video editor which is completely free and can be conveniently used by small businesses
- Comes with impressive effect and transition panels
- It is multi-lingual and supports more than 70 languages
- Has a limited number of effects and can be quite buggy at times
- Has a tendency to freeze, lag or even crash
Video editing programs for Windows
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is an advanced industry-leading video software and has been used by several Hollywood moviemakers as well as vloggers and content creators.
- Offers a plethora of innovative VR video and audio editing features
- Has a very efficient, effective and responsive interface which enables smooth workflow
- Capable of supporting multiple file formats
- Free version available only for 30 days
- Video rendering is quite slow
Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Elements is an efficient video editing software that is a slightly trimmed-down version of the Adobe Premiere Pro. It is mostly aimed towards beginners and a good place to start for your vlog editing software.
- Efficient HD scrubbing in the 64-bit version
- Supports picture-in-picture play and AVCHD output
- Offers smooth multi-layer editing
- Learning curve is quite steep
- Doesn’t support 3D editing
Cyberlink Power Director is an easy-to-use video editing software that offers ample tools and features that enable quick editing and also help to bridge the gap between professionals and beginners.
- Video editing is simple and straight forward
- Supports a number of different file types and requires minimum configuration
- Plugins aren’t very well organised and can be quite hard to find following installation
- Detailed tutorials are lacking
Movie Edit Pro 2020 Plus
Movie Edit Pro 2020 Plus is a professional video editing application available on the Microsoft store which includes a number of interesting tools from various other editing suites.
- Can be downloaded directly from the Microsoft store without having to use any third party download links
- Has a simple and straightforward user interface with a number of interesting features
- Most of the best features are restricted to the premium paid version
- It definitely isn’t the most affordable program out there!
Although it may sound quite surprising, Microsoft does have its own video editor! Microsoft Photos is a simple and free photo and video editing program that allows you to perform basic video editing functions.
- It is a free software which is quick, simple and easy to use
- It comes with Windows 10 and becomes available as soon as you install it.
- The program is quite basic and lacks advanced features
- Processing time is too slow
Best programs to edit videos for YouTube
Vegas Pro is a professional, easy-to-use, and affordable editing software which is best suitable for non-linear video editing. Also a good choice when it comes to choosing a vlog editing software.
- Supports standard, HD, 2K and 4K video editing formats
- Offers a wide variety of features such as stereoscopic 3D tools and GPU-ignited effect processing and rendering
- It is only compatible with Windows
- The interface is quite bland and outdated
VSDC is a free and inexpensive non-linear video editing software capable of producing videos of any degree of complexity.
- Offers a plethora of interesting features such as live colour correction and motion tracking
- Capable of processing HD, 4K and VR 360-degree videos
- Only works on a PC
- Interface is quite cluttered
Camtasia Studio 8
Camtasia is a simple yet powerful video editing software that is used mainly for creating tutorial and presentation videos.
- Offers animation and zoom effects to highlight important points in your videos
- The app has a screen recording feature
- Prone to frequent bugging and crashing
- Lacks keyframe tracking and has issues with exporting files
iSkySoft is a quick, easy-to-use video editing app designed for beginners. The app enables you to personalize your videos and share them on portable devices and social media.
- Easy to learn and can be conveniently used by beginners
- Allows you to create either a simple story or edit videos using the basic and advanced editing modes
- Lacks professional video editing tools
Movavi Video Suite
Movavi is a cheap, simple and efficient video editor suitable for novices who want to develop their skills in video editing.
- Quick and easy-to-use with a responsive interface
- Excellent export options
- The design is quite inconsistent
- Hard to carry out precision edits
Best video editing program for GoPro
This is a video editing program designed by GoPro which enables you to edit your videos in seconds.
- Contains 26 different video styles and more than 80 different free songs to add to your videos
- Offers a wide array of transitions, texts, titles and styles
- The app only supports videos which are under 60 seconds which makes it unsuitable for editing longer videos
- Content can only be imported and cannot be captured within the app
This is a free and easy-to-use video editing software by GoPro which allows you to create short, appealing videos within minutes!
- Offers you a wide variety of royalty free music to choose from
- Works both for videos and still images
- Some of the audio tends to have copyright issues when uploaded on YouTube
Magix Movie Edit Pro
Magix Movie Edit Pro is a solid feature-filled video editing program that helps beginners understand the basics of video editing.
- Has motion tracking, beat-based editing and stabilization features
- Offers industry-standard shortcuts
- Import procedure is quite unclear
- Lacks organization tools
Davinci Resolve 16/ Studio
This is a free video editing software that has been used for editing a number of big-budget films.
- Offers a wide range of professional video editing tools
- Supports HD and 4K resolution videos
- User interface is quite complex
Pinnacle Studio HD
Pinnacle Studio is a professional video editing software with advanced features which can help you create and edit complex projects.
- Allows you to work with 360-degree videos
- Includes advanced features like multi-cam editing, stop motion, keyframing and colour grading
- It is a Windows-only program
- Quite complex for beginners
Best vlog editing apps for Android
This is a very simple and efficient vlog editing app mostly aimed at beginners which enables you to create beautiful videos with just a few clicks.
- Professional video editor with a user friendly and intuitive interface.
- Some of the themes and features are only available on the paid version
VivaVideo is one of Android’s best video editing apps and has attracted over a million users from around the world.
- Offers you more than 20 different effects
- Comes with a built-in camera with powerful features such as live effects previews and multiple video capturing modes
- Longer videos cannot be exported while using the free version
- Some of the best features are only available on the premium version
KineMaster is a simple and straightforward video editing app designed for Android smartphones but is also available for download on PC.
- Has attractive audio editing features such as pitch, speed and voice modulation
- The app’s chroma key allows you to change the video background
- Watermark can only be removed by upgrading to the premium version
- It doesn’t support video formats that are 4K and above
VideoShow is a simple yet powerful editing app that helps you create short videos and fun movies using your Android smartphone.
- The app is loaded with attractive features such as emojis and transition effects
- Capable of exporting videos in HD
- Watermark appears in the final video
This is one of the best video editing apps loaded with features and is available for download both on smartphones and online.
- Has a wide range of video templates which makes it suitable for creating business videos
- The app is freely available only for a limited period of time
Best vlog editing apps for iPhone
iMovie is Apple’s inbuilt video editing application which is also available on the iPhone, iPad, and Macbook and is a widely used vlog editing software.
- Powerful, free, user-friendly and can easily be used by novices
- Importing media is quick and easy
- Has a tendency to crash frequently when processes become overwhelming
- Templates are quite outdated and the app isn’t advanced enough to be used by professionals
LumaFusion is a robust video editor having excellent multi-track features and is often used by professionals, mobile journalists and filmmakers perfect for vlog editing software.
- Offers professional video editing features on iOS
- Impressive royalty free images, titles and effects are available within the app
- Prone to occasional freezing and crashing
- Projects cannot be exported to desktop
Adobe Premiere Rush
It is a user-friendly cross-device video editing app which enables you to create, edit and share videos with ease. A good choice for beginners when it comes to selecting your vlog editing software.
- Responsive interface having efficient media import, export and upload features
- Offers a wide range of colour and title tools
- Storyboard templates are lacking
- Rendering is quite slow and the app supports no more than 3 transitions
InShot is an all-in-one photo and video editing mobile app which is available both on iOS and Android smartphones.
- Includes canvases and aspect ratios for different social media platforms
- Allows high resolution video export up to 1080p
- The free version has numerous pop-up ads which users may find off-putting
- Features are basic which makes it unsuitable to be used by professionals
Videoshop is an efficient video editing app that allows you to create, edit, personalize and share your videos without much hassle.
- It is quick, easy-to-use and allows you to trim and combine clips from different videos
- The free version is only available for a limited period of time
Having this list in hand will make it easier for you to choose the best vlog editing software or application based on your current situation, device and budget! You are now one step away from creating your finest vlog!